Music Pillars of Hampi on Ancient Aliens
Music Pillars of Hampi – My film was featured on History channel in their prime show ‘The Ancient Aliens’. Watch the segment here.
*This is not Alien technology*
According to ‘Shilpa Rathna Ajithagamana’ – a Kannada language literature of Vijayanagara period, these pillars are made by Casting method.
1. Rocks were melted into liquid form.
2. Sand and other minerals were mixed into the molten rock.
3. Molten rock poured into the shape of the pillars, then cut and carved carefully.
4. These pillars were installed meticulously in presence of musicians during night, in absolute silence.
these pillars are mainly categorized into two different types:
1. ‘Sthri Shile’ which resonates like Veena and other string instruments.
2. ‘Poon Shile’ resonates like percussion instruments such as Tabala, Mrudanga etc.
The book also mentioned how Rangamantapa at Vijaya Vittala Temple, Viroopaksha temple and various other temples were built. Definitely not aliens, but epic craftsmanship of ancient Hindus.