Ancient Egypt: A Concise Overview of the Egyptian History and Mythology Including the Egyptian Gods, Pyramids, Kings and Queens (Ancient History)
(as of Aug 03,2021 15:21:04 UTC – Details)
Explore the History and Mythology of the Egyptian Kingdom!
There are many mysteries of the ancient Egyptian empire and dynasties. Archaeologists and Egyptologists have been studying the artifacts and ruins for centuries, and there is still much left to learn. The body of Cleopatra VII, who was the last ruler of Egypt and is one of the most famed people in history, has never been discovered. Yet, there have been many amazing discoveries, such as the tomb of King Tutankhamun or King Tut, which was discovered fully intact and full of amazing artifacts, engravings, and history.
The Egyptians have a rich history, and the ancient Egyptians were able to develop this in near isolation, meaning they had a truly unique belief system, rulership, and craftsmanship. While influences from Greece and Rome may have affected Egypt later on due to their long history of isolation of developing their social, political, and religious systems, they still stayed much the same and kept the essence of what was most important to them.
While doing this, the ancient Egyptians also used the opportunities of foreigners, such as the Greek settlers, to trade and learn more effective battle practices. Learning to adapt while keeping their traditions close enabled the Egyptians to strengthen their kingdom and keep a hold on their country for thousands of years, until it fell from the Roman invasion.
Through exploring the ancient Egyptian ruins and tombs, we have been able to learn much about their way of life, views of the afterlife, religious beliefs, dynasties, invasions from foreign kingdoms, battle tactics, family, and more…
In this book you will find:
- How Egypt came to become the first empire
- The creation myth of Amun-Ra, Osiris, and Set
- A timeline of the entire reign of the Egyptian dynastic periods, from the Old Kingdom to Roman Egypt
- The Heliopolitan Ennead and its importance
- Details on some of the most important gods including Ra, Amun-Ra, Anubis, Bastet, Isis, and Sekhmet
- Details on the life of some of the most prominent kings including Menes, Cheops, Amenemhet I, Tuthmosis I and III, Akhenaten, Ramesses II and III, and Ptolemy I Soter
- The lives of some of the most important queens and how they gained power including Khentkawes I, Ahmose-Nefertari, Hatshepsut, Tiye, Nefertiti, and the famed Cleopatra VII
- How the pyramids and temples were built
- Busting the myth that the slaves built the pyramids
- One of the most prominent myths of the afterlife
- How the water levels of the Nile caused either prosperity or disaster
- The daily lives of Egyptians, how they farmed, their family dynamic, and hygiene
- And more…
Don’t wait another moment to enjoy from this information – Get your copy of Ancient Egypt right away!